GENERIC AMBIEN 5MG
Generic Ambien 5mg is a brand-name prescription medication that contains the active drug zolpidem and a generic drug is an exact copy of the active drug in a brand-name medication. Generic medicines are considered to be as safe and effective as the original drug.
Ambien is a sedative also called a hypnotic and ambien 5mg is also used to treat insomnia, similar as the Xanax medication but Ambien, on the other hand, is used specifically for insomnia and is not a benzodiazepine.
However, when Xanax is used to treat insomnia, it is used to treat insomnia without formal FDA approval as a treatment for insomnia and Xanax, and other benzodiazepine medications like Valium, Ativan, and Klonopin, have achieved an FDA indication for the treatment of anxiety disorders, including panic attacks.
WORKING OF AMBIEN 5MG
Generic Ambien 5mg is classified as a non-benzodiazepine hypnotic medication and the chemical structure of this drug was specially designed to reproduce the effects of benzodiazepines on the central nervous system to minimize withdrawal side effects of abuse or addiction like benzodiazepines, Ambien acts on receptor cells in the brain that bind with GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid) which is a brain chemical that influences sleep and other neurological activities.
USES OF AMBIEN 5MG
Generic Ambien 5mg immediate-release class of drug which helps in the treatment of insomnia it helps you fall asleep when you first go to bed. The Ambien works by absorbing the first layer which dissolves quickly to help you fall asleep, and the second layer which dissolves slowly to help you stay asleep.
According to the FDA it recommends that to reduce the risk of side effects, prescribers limit the dose of the drug especially for women and individuals who take Ambien for non-medical reasons are at risk of experiencing side effects for Long-term side effects and Next-day side effects;
Next day/Short term side effects;
- Sleep disturbances
- Suicidal thoughts or suicide attempts
- Excessive sedation
- Confusion and disorientation
- Lack of motor coordination
- Slow response times
- Delayed reflex reactions
- Impaired judgment
Seviour/Long term side effects of Generic Ambien 5mg
- Short term Memory loss
- Difficulty and trouble concentrating
- Disorientation to place or time
- Loss of emotional affect
- Loss of pleasure in daily life
- Problems with balance or coordination
- Reduced alertness
- Slowed reaction times
- Memory loss or dementia in which patients trouble remembering information, such as names, dates, or places
- Severe Anxiety where patient trouble controlling thoughts or feelings of worry, feeling restless, irritable, or on edge, sleep problems, such as trouble falling asleep
- Unusual sleep behaviors, such as sleepwalking.
- Allergic reaction.
- Behavioral changes, such as hallucinations.
- Generic Ambien 5mg is available in two strengths of tablet form 5 mg and 10 mg for oral administration. And the dosages are recommended by the doctors according to the medical condition and medical history of the patient. The initial doses recommended by doctors for women and men are different because Generic Ambien 5mg clearance is lower in women.
- And the lowest effective dose recommended by doctors is once per night immediately before bedtime with at least 7-8 hours remaining before the planned time of awakening.
- Should not be recommended a total dose exceeding 10 mg once daily immediately before bedtime and should be taken as a single dose and should not be re-administered during the same night.
- For Women: 5 mg orally just before bedtime
- For Men: Consider 5 mg or 10 mg as recommended by your doctor orally just before bedtime
- If the 5 mg dose is not effective, the dose can be increased to 10 mg by your doctor as per your medical condition.
Precautions and Warnings
- If you are allergic to zolpidem or any active or in active ingredients contained in this Generic Ambien 5mg drug medication because it contains zolpidem so do not take Ambien, Ambien CR, Edluar, Intermezzo, or Zolpimist.
- Keep the medicine out of reach of children, abuse or misuse may occur.
- Risk of next-day psychomotor impairment, including impaired driving can be increased if taken with less than a full night of sleep of 7 to 8 hours.
- If a higher than the recommended dose is consumed or if interacted or used with other central nervous system (CNS) depressants or alcohol or if interacted or used with other drugs that increase blood levels of zolpidem then patients might face severe side effects or death or impair respiratory drive, alertness, and motor coordination
- Stop consuming alcohol while on medication.
- Before prescribing, consider the risk of respiratory depression in patients with compromised regulatory functions.
- The least amount or feasible amount is recommende to avoid worsening of depression or suicidal thinking may occur
- Withdrawal symptoms have been found in the patients when doses are rapidly reduced or suddenly discontinued.
- Lower doses are recommended to the elderly/debilitated patients due to impaired motor, cognitive performance and increased sensitivity.
- Recommended with caution after monitoring closely to patients with hepatic impairment, mild to moderate COPD, impaired drug metabolism or hemodynamic responses, or mild to moderate sleep apnea and myasthenia gravis.
- You should not consume this drug with food, if taken with food its effect may last longer then required.
- Only a single dose each night is recommended, do not take it a second time during the same night.
- Store the immediate-release tablets Generic Ambien 5mg at room temperature.
- Use caution in patients with history of drug dependence.
- Always take the medication exactly as prescribed. Lowering or increasing the dosage on your own can lead to zolpidem not being as effective or causing undue sedation, which can arrest your breathing. If you are not comfortable with the doses recommended consult with your doctor immediately.
- If you have or had a previous allergic reaction to any medication, be sure to let your doctor know about your medical condition.
- If you are pregnant or have plans to become pregnant or breastfeeding avoid taking an ambien drug. But there is not sufficient research to determine whether Generic Ambien 5mg may be harmful to unborn children, or might pass through breast milk into your child’s body.
120 Pills, 180 Pills, 300 Pills, 60 Pills, 90 Pills
There are no reviews yet.