Medication guide for Levitra 40 mg
Levitra 40 mg is the composition of vardenafil hydrochloride and it is prescribed by the doctors to men for the treatment of erectile dysfunction.
The monohydrochloride salt of vardenafil is a selective inhibitor of cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP)-specific phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5).
Vardenafil hydrochloride is a colorless solid substance with a solubility of 0.11 mg/mL in water and molecular weight of 579.1 g/mol.
Levitra 40 mg is manufactured as orange, round, film-coated tablets with variants of 2.5 mg, 5 mg, 10 mg, 20 mg and 40 mg of vardenafil, respectively.
In addition to the active ingredient used in composing vardenafil hydrochloride tablet which contains colloidal silicon dioxide, yellow ferric oxide, red ferric oxide, microcrystalline cellulose, crospovidone, hypromellose, polyethylene glycol, magnesium stearate, and titanium dioxide.
Vardenafil improves patient satisfaction with erectile hardness, orgasm function and sexual experience in men.
How Levitra 40 mg works
- Levitra is a phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE 5) inhibitor that increases the blood flow to the penis which helps to relax the muscles present in the walls of the blood vessels.
- Phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE 5) causes a blockage in the arteries and does not let blood flow properly inside the arteries of penis for an erection to occurs then levitra blocks PDE5 from breaking down the substances produced by nitric oxide that allow the smooth muscles in your penis to relax and blood can then flow more easily into the penis tissues and give you an smooth erection.
- The production of Cyclic guanosine monophosphate(cGMP) is necessary because it carries blood to and from the penis. PDE 5 blocks the production of cGMP and does not let erection occur appropriately.
- After taking Levitra 40 mg blocks the action of PDE 5 and empower the production of cGMP this allows the blood to flow easily in the arteries of penis a pressure is generated in the penis that leads to an erection.
General Dosage and Overdose Information
- Only after proper diagnosis and understanding of the health conditions of the patients the dose are recommended by the doctors/pharmacists.
- Usually, the recommended starting dose for the patients initially of Levitra is 10 mg, approximately 1 hr before sexual intercourse, taken orally as needed.
- The dose may be increased or decreased based on efficacy and side effects.
- The maximum frequency to use this medicine is once per day.
- Sexual intercourse is required after having Levitra dosage 40 mg for a better treatment.
- Some serious side-effects may occur in case of overdose so overdose of the drug should be strictly avoided and if such a case arises, seek immediate medical attention.
- In research medical experts have found that the maximum dosage of 120 mg at one time in one day given to healthy male individuals, which results that the majority of study participants experienced either back pain, muscle pain or blurred vision.
- Maximum upto 40 mg daily doses can be recommended for 4 weeks without causing any serious side effects.
Side effects Of Levitra 40 mg
- Blotchiness or irregularity of skin appearance.
- Feelings of warmth
- Itchy skin
- Skin pimples or blisters
- Stuffy nose,sinus pain
- Stomach upset, constipation
- Back pain
Emergency side effects
- Heart attack symptoms like chest pain, high or low blood pressure or pain spreading to your jaw or shoulder, nausea, sweating
- Blurry vision or sudden vision loss
- Erection is painful or lasts longer than 4 hours (prolonged erection can damage the penis)
- Feeling alarming in your ears, or sudden hearing loss
- Irregular heartbeat
- Swelling in your ankles, hands or feet
- Shortness of breath
- Painful Penis erection or lasts 4 hours or longer
What to avoid
- Avoid taking grapefruits and products of grapefruits, it may interact with vardenafil and lead to unwanted side effects.
- Avoid consuming alcohol along with this medicine or while treatment period.
- Do not use any other drug unless your doctor tells you.
Precautions and Warnings
- Children under 18 should never take Levitra dosage 40 mg for any reason.
- Patients older than 65 must need to ask their doctor about reducing the dosage of Levitra.
Other Advices and lifestyle changes
There are other ways also by which you can do along with taking Levitra dosage 40 mg to help treat your ED symptoms:
- Some changes in lifestyle and taking better diets
- Stopping or reducing alcohol use
- Quitting smoking
- Maintaining your weight at a healthy level
- Taking enough sleep every night (6 to 9 hours)
- Exercising for 15 to 20 minutes a day regularly like running and swimming that help improve oxygen levels in your blood
To Place an order Visit Our site: Logical Pharmacy
120 Pills, 180 Pills, 60 Pills, 90 Pills