Everything you need to know about oxycodone
Oxycodone 30mg is a strong narcotic pain reliever drug and cough suppressant similar to morphine, codeine and hydrocodone.
GENERIC Oxycodone is sold under the brand name such as; Dazidox, Endocodone, ETH-Oxydose, Oxaydo, Oxecta, OxyCONTIN, Oxyfast, OxyIR, Percolone, Roxicodone, Roxicodone Intensol, Roxy Bond, Xtampza ER.
- Oxycodone oral tablets available in strengths of 5 mg, 15 mg, 30 mg and the 5 mg, 15 mg and 30 mg tablets contain the equivalent of 4.5 mg, 13.5 mg and 27.0 mg, respectively free base of oxycodone.
- Oxycodone is an immediate-release form of the drug that releases its active ingredients into your body immediately after you consume it.
- MOLECULAR FORMULA OF OXYCODONE; C18H21NO4
- MOLECULAR WEIGHT OF OXYCODONE ; 315.4
STRUCTURE OF OXYCODONE;
Thebaine is oxidized with hydrogen peroxide to 14 hydroxycodeinone ,which is hydrogenated directly or via its oxime, or its bromination products to oxycodone 30mg. The reduction of 14 hydroxycodeinone can also be performed with sodium hydrosulfite. Alternatively, 14 hydroxycodeinone is prepared by oxidation of codeine.
Central nervous system(CNS) opioid receptors for endogenous compounds with opioid-like activity have been identified throughout the brain and spinal cord and play a vital role in the analgesic effects of this drug.
Like other opioid agonists, there is no ceiling effect for analgesia with oxycodone 30mg.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
- Oxycodone 30mg and its active compounds such as metabolites, nor oxycodone, oxymorphone and noroxymorphone are opioid agonists and these compounds mildly diffuse into the blood brain barrier or may be actively transported across by an unknown mechanism. Oxycodone and its active metabolites can selectively bind to the mu opioid receptor, but along with that the kappa and delta opioid receptors in the central nervous system and periphery releases a G protein coupled receptor.
- Stimulation of mu opioid receptors inhibits N-type voltage operated calcium channels, inhibiting responses to pain.
- The exact mechanism of the analgesic action is unknown under the conditions of inflammation or hyperalgesia, opioid receptors in the heart, lungs, liver, gastrointestinal tract, and reproductive system
USES OF THE DRUG
Buy Oxycodone 30mg, it is a smart drug which acts as an immediate release drug for moderate to severe pain and as an extended release product for chronic moderate to severe pain requiring continuous opioid analgesics for an extended period.
DOSAGE FOR OXYCODONE 30MG
- Dose for immediate release of oxycodone tablets; The general starting dose is 5 to 30 mg every 4 to 6 hours and for patients who have never received opioids can start with 5-15 mg every 4 to 6 hours and some patients may require 30 mg or more every 4 hours.
- Dose for extended release of oxycodone tablets; The general starting dose is 10 mg every 12 hours. Extended release tablets are used when treatment is required for an extended period according to the medical condition.
- And patients who have been using opioids and have become affectless to opioid effects should only use single doses greater than 40 mg like 60mg and 80mg tablets. But there is a risk of large doses because it may cause depressed breathing.
- The general adult dose for the oral liquid form (5 mg/5 ml) is 10-30 mg every 4 hours.
SYMPTOMS OF OVERDOSE; it may include the following,
- widening of the pupils or narrowing (dark circle in the eye)
- cold, clammy skin
- difficulty breathing
- slowed or stopped breathing
- excessive sleepiness
- limp or weak muscles
- unable to respond or wake up
POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS OF OXYCODONE 30MG;
- Common side effects may include;
- stomach pain
- Rare side effects; Get emergency medical assistance if you have symptoms such as allergic reactions like hives, swelling of your face, lips, tongue, throat, blue colored lips, or if you are hard to wake up and have difficulty breathing with long pauses because opioid drugs can slow or stop your breathing and death may occur.
- Noisy breathing, sighing, shallow breathing, breathing that stops during sleep.
- a slow heart rate or weak pulse
- Feeling light-headed, like you might pass out
- confusion, unusual thoughts or behavior
- loss of appetite, Nausea , vomiting, worsening tiredness or weakness.
- Serotonin syndrome such as agitation, confusion, fever, sweating, chest pain, fast heart rate, feeling short of breath, muscle stiffness, trouble walkin or feeling faint.
- In men or women long-term use of opioid medication may affect fertility (ability to have children).
- The most common side effects of oxycodone are constipation, feeling sick and feeling sleepy.
PRECAUTIONS AND WARNINGS
- Buy Oxycodone 30mg is only recommended to adults and children aged 1 month and older.
Clinically proven dosage should be only recommended otherwise it may lead to adverse reactions, including respiratory and CNS depression.
- Prolonged use of the drug may lead to becoming addicted to oxycodone 30mg, but your doctor will guide you how to reduce the risks of becoming addicted.
- Oxycodone might increase side effects due to medical history and medical condition so if you have following condition tell your doctor before starting this medicine;
- have ever had an allergic reaction to oxycodone 30mg or to its active and inactive ingredients.
- Have low blood pressure (hypotension) have lung problems, asthma or breathing difficulties
- have an addiction to alcohol
- have a head injury or condition which causes seizures or fits
- have an underactive thyroid gland (hypothyroidism)
- have kidney or liver problems
- have an enlarged prostate
- have had recent stomach surgery or bowel problems
- Ladies trying to get pregnant, are already pregnant or if you’re breastfeeding should use the medicine only when prescribed by your doctor.
120 Pills, 180 Pills, 60 Pills, 90 Pills
There are no reviews yet.