Introduction: Tapentadol 100mg
Tapentadol 100mg is a novel, centrally acting analgesic with dual mechanism of action, combining micro opioid receptor agonism with noradrenaline reuptake inhibition in the same molecule. It has less side effect profile when compared to opioids and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
The dual mechanism of action makes Tapentadol a useful analgesic to treat acute, chronic, and neuropathic pain.
Tapentadol 100mg is also a weak serotonin reuptake inhibitor but this does not stop its painkilling effect.
The pain relieving tendency of Tapentadol is only 2-3 times lower than that of morphine, this is due to an additional liberating mechanism of action of the drug.
Pain is a common disorder that everyone experiences and is often difficult to treat in some circumstances. Immediate drug treatment options to control pain include paracetamol, opioids and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are limited by ceiling effect and are appropriate for relief of mild to moderate pain and they are contraindicated in patients with acid peptic disease, renal impairment, and bleeding tendency. Some inhibiting nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs overcome some of these side effects but some of them increase the risk of cardiovascular side effects.
Working of Tapentadol 100mg
Tapentadol 100mg is a strong painkiller which works by binding certain tiny areas called opioid receptors in your central nervous system of brain and spinal cord, and it also balances the level of a chemical called noradrenaline inside your brain which helps to decrease the way you feel pain and your reaction to pain.
Uses of tapentadol 100mg
Tapentadol 100mg is used to help relieve moderate to severe short-term pain such as pain from an injury or after surgery etc.
- Usually recommended dosages for this drug is 1 pill for an interval of every 4 to 5hrs.
- Tapantadol is available in three variants 50mg, 75mg, and 100mg. For better effects on your pain consult your doctor. Without consulting your doctor do not decrease or increase the dosages.
- Never use tapentadol in larger amounts and for longer than prescribed by your doctor.
- Other medications that contain tapentadol 100mg or tramadol should not be used.
Symptoms of overdose may include the following
- widening of the pupils or narrowing dark circles in the eyes
- unable to respond or wake up
- muscle weakness
- cold, clammy skin
- slow or shallow breathing
- difficulty breathing
- slowed heartbeat
Side effects of this drug
Common side effects
- Sudden feeling of warmth,
- Irritability,stomach pain,
- Abnormal dreams,
- Excessive tiredness,
- Difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep,
- Dry mouth,
- Heartburn ,
Uncommon side effects ; call immediate medical assistance if it occurs
- Breathing problems such as noisy breathing, sighing, shallow breathing, breathing that stops, Serious breathing problems may be more likely in older adults and in those who are debilitated or have wasting syndrome or chronic breathing disorders.
- Feeling, like you might pass out
- Severe drowsiness or dizziness, confusion, problems while speaking or balancing
- Serotonin symptoms such as agitation, hallucinations, fever, fast heart rate, muscle stiffness, twitching, loss of coordination, nausea, diarrhea
- Low steroid hormone levels which causes nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, dizziness, worsening tiredness or weakness.
Precautions and warnings
- Before consuming tapentadol 100mg , tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to active or inactive ingredients of the drug or if you have any other allergies because this product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems.
- Before going for the medication, tell your doctor about your medical history, especially of brain disorders such as seizures, head injury, tumor, breathing problems such as asthma, sleep apnea, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease–COPD, gallbladder disease, kidney disease, liver disease, mental/mood disorders such as confusion, depression, thoughts of suicide, personal or family history of a substance use disorder such as overuse of or addiction to drugs/alcohol, stomach/intestinal problems such as blockage, constipation, diarrhea due to infection, paralytic ileus, disease of the pancreas, difficulty urinating.
- Alcohol can make you more dizzy or drowsy so do not consume alcohol while medication and try to quit alcohol beverages.
- Do not drive or use machinery things and do anything that needs concentration.
120 Pills, 180 Pills, 60 Pills, 90 Pills
There are no reviews yet.